Waze Social GPS Maps & Traffic
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Easy and fast alerts
- Automatic speed tracking for traffic jam alerts
- Social features
Waze Social GPS Traffic & Gas is a community-based traffic navigation app
Waze starts from a simple premise: traffic jam, running out of gas, accidents are other driving-related troubles are in many cases caused by lack of communication. Well, that’s pretty clear with traffic jam: if we know that there’s a traffic jam we’ll probably take an alternative road, lighten the problem instead of making it worse by lengthen the queue.
Waze’s main purpose is to provide a communication platform for drivers in order to reduce driving troubles by making use of collective intelligence. Simply drive around with Waze open to automatically share live traffic info with other drivers (like mph). When an accident, hazard, speed traps, traffic jams or police burst into scene, you can actively alert other users through Waze. In the end, you’ll save time, reduce stress and even keep money that was destined for fines.
Waze’s navigation through apps is kind, pinch to zoom, flick to rotate, tap on wazes to view detailed info like traffic jam, cheapest gas station on your route or even meet-up points. It’s hands-free, voice-operated system allows drivers make us of the app with no risks.
In a few words, a really useful app that makes the most of mobile technology to improve our lifestyle.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic info to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route, and find the lowest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, Waze makes it easy to keep up with friends and contacts on the go. Say goodbye to pesky texts and calls (“leaving now,” “Stuck in traffic,” Almost there!”) and let Waze do the work for you.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add contacts as friends on Waze
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- Send automatic updates on your location & ETA
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points to climb the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
- New & improved voice guidance
- See friends’ and contacts’ names when tapping a photo to share drive or send location
Major bug fixes:
- Freezes and crashes
- Tablets unable to upgrade (Wifi only devices)
Great app!! Use this app for traffic jams on my road to work. I use it together with ''Trip and GPS Tracker" (gps-tracking-android.com) for keeping track of my travel costs.
Lo estoy descubriendo... Se me desactivan varias funciones si desconecto wifi... Los nombres de las calles estÃ¡n siempre en horizontal, lo que no te permite saber si ese nombre es de una calle horizontal o vertical...
Brilliant sat nav.
Version 126.96.36.199 requires entering your phone number to share location. What's wrong with you guys?
Luv it...useful app
Very slow ,